The membership can be accomplished in seven different categories in order to best fit your profile (complete description of each category can be accessed in the SOLAMAC statute):
- Professional: category targeted at researches in the area.
- Student: Those who possess a connection with a higher education institution. Post graduate students may chose to be professional members.
- Lifelong: Category targeted at members who wish to contribute at once the equivalent to twenty (20) annual fees as a professional member.
- Institutional: Category targeting all organizations who wish to support the Society with a minimal annual fee equal to forty (40) society fees in the professional category.
- Contributor: Category targeting any person who has an interest in the aquatic mammals area or wishes to collaborate and participate in activities of the Society.
- Patron: That individual who wishes to contribute to the Society annually with a minimal of four (4) times the value of a professional members contribution.
- Honorary: Category assigned by the SOLAMAC board to a member by his outstanding contribution to the study of aquatic mammals in Latin America.